From:
"ERIC E. SCHMAUTZ" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ERIC E. SCHMAUTZ
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 03:58:31 -0700
Final:

St. Cloud State University 4
University of Denver 0

SCSU ends the best of three WCHA playoff contest with a shut-out over
DU.  SCSU will advance to the WCHA Final Five Tournament at the Bradley
Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Tonight was a disappointing end to a great season for the young
Pioneers.  After graduating nine players last year I could not have
expected the success that they experienced (especially early) this year.

IMO the Pioneers did not play like a team tonight.  The wheel fell off
the proverbial cart.  The team lost the chemistry that they played with
earlier in the year.  The pinnacle of the year was DU's victory over
rival Colorado College in the Denver Cup Holiday Tournament and not in
time for the playoffs.  I look for many great things to come of this
team next year with a little more experience under their belts.  I only
hope that the Pioneers will not loose too much talent to the Pro's.

Sincerely,

Alone in Wisconsin
-Eric