From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 1996 21:23:28 -0500
At 09:04 PM 2/29/96 -0500, Karen Ambrose wrote:
>strike, he did some games in the big leagues as well.  The main thing with
>Cole is that he is consistent.  Most coaches and teams know what to expect
>when he is on the ice, especially when paired with his regular HE partner
>Drew Taylor.  And, unlike some refs I see, he is in shape!

This is right on!  When I see Drew Taylor and Frank Cole come onto the ice
you know you will see a well officiated game for the most part.  Sure they
are human and make mistakes, but they are consistent.

>As for the Pierre Belanger Award, can a HE fan join in and name some one,
>actually two, from our league?  Bob Fowkes and Steve McBride have to be the
>worst pair since Abbott and Costello.  Not only do they think that they are
>the show, but they can't even get up and down the ice!

Maybe Hockey East fans should come up with our own award for these two.
Last two games I've seen McBride in he's been paired with Bennedetto.  I'm
not sure who Fowkes has been paired with.  I wonder if they have been so bad
they were disiplined??  Maine fans certainly know who they are, in warm-ups
he was booed Sunday before he even had his warm-up jacket off.

I couldn't believe how much of a beer gut McBride has.  They were nicknaming
him McPig in other sections of the arena!

---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
University of Maine - GO BLUE!
Owner/Administrator: Maine Hockey Discussion List
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
---