From:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 18:50:00 +0001
I called the 800-70-HOCKE(Y) number to inquire about TV and media
coverage of the World Junior Tournament games.  Here's the story as they
gave it to me:
   US: ESPN2 will broadcast the US games; I checked the ESPN2 broadcast
schedule on the Web and they list the US games to be broadcast as:
       US vs. Canada 7:30pm 12/26/95
       US vs. Switzerland 7:00pm 12/29/95
       US vs. Finland 12:00 noon 12/31/95

The US vs. Ukraine game at 7:10pm 12/27/95 was NOT listed as one to be
broadcast.  The lady on the phone told me there were no games to be
broadcast on regular ESPN.  I don't think any of the non-US games are
scheduled to be broadcast on US TV.  The semifinals and finals will
probably also be on some sort of broadcast, though if the US isn't
involved, it might be dicey ....

   Canada: she told me the games (unspecified which games) would be
handled by TSN (Total Sports Network?) in Canada.  Given the nature of
Canadian interest, I assume they will carry more than just the games
involving Team Canada.

European TV details were not known; no radio broadcasts were known; there
are many local and national print/wire service credentials issued, as
well as European/Canadian media.

She knew no information about satellite feeds or ability to pick up any
of the broadcasts, but I think it is ominous that they have an
"exclusive" deal with ESPN2 for the US games.  People with satellite info
may wish to check on this (Arthur?)

As an aside, while searching the net trying to find info on the World
Juniors and TV (of which there was very little/none), I found an
interesting site that provides links to many, many hockey home pages
(mostly pro, but others as well).  HOCKEY-L, some of the college home
pages of the HOCKEY-L faithful, and others are listed.  The address was
http://www.hockeyguide.com.   I assume others have listed this before or
know of it, but I found it interesting.  Give it a try.

Someone earlier in December asked for info on seating in Conte Forum for
the semifinals and the finals of the WJHC.  I will try to post a simple
(text) diagram soon that shows the seating layout.
Rick McAdoo                        [log in to unmask]
Read the FAQ!!!                    A patient BC fan.  GO EAGLES!