From:
Chuck Cliff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 18:46:58 -0500
I have to agree with John H that Aldridge was too chippy and carried on far
to long. Keith is prone to do this from time to time and I guess he just
decided this was one of those times. In Keith's defense I don't recall a time
when he played like that when it mattered.

Which is part of the point here. The Lakers did not play particularly well
against Michigan, but it seems to have been a learning experience for them.
They managed to rebound and play a solid game at MSU the next night. I have
noticed that Jeff seems to look at the regular season as 5 month training
camp to prepare for the playoffs. I am not saying I disagree with this
strategy as it seems to pay dividends in March. LSSU usually lacks the talent
to play with teams like Michigan and I think we need to look at the season as
a chance to develop.

So hopefully the whole Laker team learned something from the experience.
Aldridge hopefully got it out of his system. McCabe got to play under some
really pressure in his new defensive role. The coaching staff can work on
ways to try and control the Hilton line. It seems like every year we have to
learn the same lesson. You have to play Laker hockey for 60 minutes to beat
Michigan. So with any luck we'll be better next time.

I realize that this is a more emotional then an analytical review of the
game. John H and Scott M managed to get the important points out as far as
the actually details of the game went. So we'll see where we're at in
February.

BTW we have to get John H out of the Antler's and to the Downtowner.

Chuck