From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 14:34:38 EDT
So I'm watching my beloved Dolphins pull one of their patented forget-to-show-
up-for-the-second-half-and-cough-up-a-huge-lead games against the Colts
yesterday [voluminous venting deleted], and I hear, or at least I think I hear,
one of the announcers say that Miami defensive tackle Chuck Klingbeil played
HOCKEY at Northern Michigan.  They also stated that Klingbeil had planned to
attend Michigan, but changed his mind when the Wolverine coaches told him he
would not be permitted to play both football and hockey.

Now, I'm having a hard time imagining Klingbeil on skates, since he currently
tips the scales at a little over 300 pounds and was probably not much smaller
when he was in college.  Anyone actually know if he DID play hockey at Northern
Michigan?  He's in his sixth year as a pro, so his playing time would have
been in the mid to late '80s.  And if he did play, can anyone describe what
he was like on the ice, other than "big"?  As I say, I can't really picture
him as a hockey player.
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and '95
LET'S GO RED!!
Rebuild the Tradition                                           DJF  5/27/94
"'Does he talk?'  'Uh, no.'  'Does he walk?'  'Uh, no.'  'Does he crawl?'
 'Uh, no, he doesn't do any of those things.  YOU try dragging him away from
 the computer.'"
-- Monica Piper, on handling competitive my-baby-is-better-than-yours parents