From:
Arthur Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 07:30:30 -0600
On Sat, 23 Sep 1995, Patrick Abegg wrote:

> This BU team will likely struggle, particularly with Parker and some of
> his players committed to the World Junior Tournament, to be held in
> Boston over Christmas.

I don't think BU plays any games during the tournament except, perhaps,
the UNH game in early January.  Lake State fans can comment on whether
they think the Lakers were hurt by Jeff Jackson's participation as coach
last year.  BU may have to face some of the problems and decisions cited
in other posts, but I think the junior tournament can do nothing but help
them, both in the long and short term.

By the way, those of you in New England, don't pass up this tournament,
and go to games not involving the US (in addition to their games of
course).  This tournament is very entertaining with high calibre hockey.
It is a much bigger deal outside the US than in.  For example, here in
Canada all of the Canadian games, and a few others, are televised live on
Canada's equivalent of ESPN.  This is the case even in years the
tournament is in Europe, when the games are in the early morning, our time.

Arthur Berman [log in to unmask]
GO BU!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!