From:
Bob Gaskins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gaskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 19:32:54 -0500
I ran into the following article on the AP today about the 'Hawks signing
Kip Miller, Jeff Serowik and Brad Werenka. Here's the (partial) text:

-- transcribed from the Associated Press --

"Blackhawks Get Depth"
The Chicago Blackhawks, citing a need for depth, on Thursday signed center
Kip Miller and defensemen Jeff Serowik and Brad Werenka.

Miller, the fourth-round draft pick of the Quebec Nordiques in 1987, played
in eight games for the New York Islanders last year.  He has 12 goals and
18 assists in 71 games over four seasons with Quebec, Minnesota, San Jose
and the Islanders. He played last year for the Denver Grizzlies of the IHL.

Miller was the nation's top college player while at Michigan State in 1990,
when he had 48 goals and 101 points.

-- end of transcribed text --

Serowik was 3d leading scorer for the Providence (AHL) Bruins last year
(28/34 for 62 points), while Werenka was lead scorer among defensemen for
Milwaukee's (IHL) Admirals (8/45 for 53 points). Anyone know if (where)
they played college hockey?

I hope the three of 'em can help the 'Hawks. They surely do need it!

          cheers!
                 -- Bob.