From:
"ERIC E. SCHMAUTZ" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ERIC E. SCHMAUTZ
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:12:41 -0600
University of Denver Names Bernie Mullin Vice-Chancellor for Sports &
Wellness

Bernie come to the University of Denver for the the Denver Grizzlies the
day before they announce thier move to Sat Lake City to make room for the
new NHL team the Colorado Avalanche.  Bernie was the president and CEO of
the Grizzlies, the most successful IHL expansion team in the I's 50
year history.  Previousely he was senior vice president of business
operations for the Colorado Rockies expnsion in the National league.  His
experiences will bring the University of Denver a long way in the newly
created position to bring continuity and vision to changing face of DU
athletics.

The first two issues for Bernie will be to determine the viability of
developing additional sports to the NCAA division I level (DU currently
competes in mens hockey and womens gymnastics at the D I level) and the
selection of a new Athletic Director.  His duties will include boosting
attendance for events, generating revenue, expanding use of the
facilities, improving corporate relations, and to oversee the new $32.5
million Daniel L. Ritchie Sports and Wellness Center.