From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 08:58:52 -0400
On Mon, 3 Apr 1995, Mike Machnik wrote:

> Any thoughts?  Is Carey right?  Is a good young goalie who wants to
> play college better off not playing in HE?  Or was Carey simply good
> enough that he would have succeeded wherever he played?  And if the
> former is true, what makes Wisconsin or anyplace else more conducive
> to goalies with a dream of playing in the NHL?
> ---                                                                   ---

I've seen a number of article about Carey and interviews with him and he
credits his U. Wisconsin goalie coach with making him the goalie he is
today. When he got to Wisconsin he did a lot of flopping and the goalie
coach made him completely change his style. He said that lot of times
he'd come off the ice and complain that he couldn't possibly stop pucks
in that way, that he'd never be able to play the way the coach wanted. By
the end of his freshman year it was beginning to work. Carey says he'd
never have gotten where he is today if the goalie coach at U. Wisconsin
hadn't taught him.

Carol