From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 1994 15:16:05 -0500
I was a little concerned going into UMaine's series with UNH this weekend.
Maine was 3-0-2, and UNH 3-1.  Seemed to be a good series shaping up.  I
didn't listen to much of Friday night's matchup that UMaine won 4-3, but it
seemed that Maine dominated early, and then let UNH back in.  That was not
the case Saturday night.  UMaine came home to the Alfond Arena for the first
time this year, and came out flying.  They jumped out to a 4-0 lead and
never looked back, to the excitement of the Alfond crowd.

With UMaine now 5-0-2 there can be no doubt that they are a very balanced
team.  While I can't remember specifics off the top of my head, several of
the goals scored Saturday night were the players' first of the year.  There
is no one goto guy like in past years (Pellerin, Roy, Montgomery, Kariya,
Ingraham).  They have solid goal-tending, and defense, and with the
continued offensive balance, they will be a competitor come March.