From:
Rob Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rob Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 08:25:19 -0500
I.R. Rutks writes:

>The following information has been copied from Tom Powers' column in the St.
>Paul Pioneer Press (7/20/94) [without permission]:

>"The University of Minnesota is offering to pay arena start-up costs so it
>can move this year's Border Battle hockey game against Wisconsin to Met
>Center...
                       <other stuff deleted>

Funny, this same story was in the Wisconsin State Journal, except that story
reported that Wisconsin would pay the start-up costs.  Wisconsin paying makes
more sense to me cuz a lot of the extra seats would probably be bought up by
cheeseheads making the trip to MN.  It also stated that there may be a
problem with the refrigeration unit at the Met Center.

Another note...Wisconsin's Jamie Spencer has been named to the U.S. team that
will play in the Tampere (Finland) Cup aug. 18-21.  Wisconsin All-American
Mike Eaves will coach the team.  (Wisconsin State Journal)

Robert Holmes
Dept. of Meteorology
UW-Madison