Sender:
From:
Matthew Glaccum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1993 11:08:23 -0700
There is no joy in Tempe today...

Arizona crushed Arizona State in Tucson last night in the first of two games
being played this weekend.  It was over after the first 20 minutes of play:

Arizona     5   4   6 -- 15
Arizona St. 0   1   0 --  1

Dennis Hands notched his 8th victory of the season for the IceCats to improve
the team's record to 12-0.  He stopped 24 of 25 shots on goal.  According to
the Arizona Daily Star, he also became the last player on the roster to pick
up a point, being credited with an assist in the third period.  (Hands, BTW,
has a brother playing for the Michigan-Dearborn club team that will be
visiting in January.)

Attendance for the game was 5869, not as high as I expected for an UA-ASU
match-up but I am sure that the place will be packed tonight.  Finals start
this week as well...

On the side:  Arizona came in to the game ranked #6, ASU #15... With a win
tonight, the IceCats will have won *50* consecutive games over the IceDevils
over a 10 year period.

Next up:  Penn State comes to the "Madhouse on Main" on January 7 and 8, I
believe.

Matt G.  '92  RPI