Sender:
From:
Charles Baldwin Harvard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1993 12:50:44 -0500
Brian Morris's comments on the Harvard-RPI game are right on, although
Little recorded 48 saves rather than 30-something. But I'm not yet sure
whether Harvard misses Drury that much or not. Of course they miss his
scoring, but last year much of the rest of the team often seemed to coast
under Drury's scoring (combined with Mallgrave, a few others). I've only
seen three games, but they seem potentially tougher, with a good balance
of leadership. And Martins is in my view playing better than last year (he was
leading the ECAC last I saw), when he was limited to only sixteen games, all
of which he played with an injury. He didn't play well Saturday night, but I
credit RPI for this. So, of course they miss Drury, but I'll reserve judgement
on whether the team is better or not.