Sender:
From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1993 12:29:45 CST
In message <[log in to unmask]> "Cuyler, Bradley D" writes:
> For the last couple of days the college hockey discussion list has been
> flooded with letters talking about where the University of Minnesota
> should recruit its players. Who cares where the players come from, does
                              ^^^^^^^^^                              ^^^^
Obviously some people do.  Note that this whole discussion was started not by
Minnesota fans, but by people from _Michigan_ posting an article that had
appeared in a _Michigan_ paper.  And a lot of people, including yourself, were
obviously interested enough to read the items, or they wouldn't have responded.

> this make the team feel so special that all or most of the players on
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, it does!

> the University of Minnesota are from the state. I bet when they look at
                                                  ^^^^^
> the WCHA league standing they don't feel so special.  Colleges should

Speaking only for myself: you lose.  Take a look at the final league standings
for the last 8 years.  Any team can have a down year from time-to-time
(especially after losing a couple top players with eligibility remaining to the
Olympic team), but Minnesota, playing almost exclusively Minnesota kids (I can
think of 2, maybe 3 exceptions), has finished no lower than tied for second in
each of Doug Woog's eight years here.  Yes, I think that's at least a little bit
special.

Pam Sweeney                            Go Gophers!!!
[log in to unmask]         1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!
[log in to unmask]              Ski-U-Mah!!!