Sender:
From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1993 15:27:58 -0500
Greg Berge <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Constantine may be Canadian or American, I
>don't know which. But his being made coach of
>San Jose got me thinking: just how many
>US-born coaches are there in the NHL?
>
>None, maybe?

Well, since Herb Brooks resigned last week, I'm not sure, but I believe
fellow American Robbie Ftorek is expected to get his former job as coach of the
Devils.  And is (former Gopher and native St. Paulite) Paul Holmgren still
coaching?

Another coaching note:  1980 Olympian (and UMD alum) John Harrington has
been named head coach at Div III St. John's University in Minnesota.  He is
leaving his job as assistant coach at St. Cloud.

Pam
Go Gophers!!!
1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!