Sender:
From:
Nelson Lu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1993 06:46:05 GMT
Comments:
Warning -- original Sender: tag was [log in to unmask]
In article <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] (SHAWN LUDDINGTON) writes:

>As for the picks
>Ottawa picks #1 which means it is almost 100% that Alexander Daigle will
>go #1. He'll either stay or be traded in Montreal or Quebec.  IMO I would
>take Kariya.  He should alot of leadership in the NCAA and so far in
>the World Championships.  Daigle didn't show this for his junior team.
>
>San Jose will then get Kariya.
>
>Tampa Bay will either go for a russian Kozlov (I think that's it) or a
>    defenseman Rob Niedemeyer (probably spelt the last name wrong)

The last name is Niedermayer, as in New Jersey's Scott's last name, because
(you guessed it) they are brothers.  But Rob Niedermayer is a center, not
a defenseman.

I am not sure that the Sharks will take Kariya.  They aren't saying much, but
they apparently like Niedermayer and Victor Kozlov, along with Kariya.  Chris
Pronger's name has also been mentioned.  My guess is that they'll take
Niedermayer.  They may take Pronger, except that they already have too many
defensive prospects.

GO CALGARY FLAMES!  Al MacInnis for Norris!  Gary Roberts for Hart and Smythe!
GO EDMONTON OILERS!  Go for playoffs next year!  Stay in Edmonton!
Nelson Lu ([log in to unmask])
rec.sport.hockey contact for the San Jose Sharks