Sender:
From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1993 17:10:43 -0600

>>> Why not have Penn State play Ohio State at the Big Ten Tournament?  This way
>>> all Big Ten schools would be there and we could see if Penn is ready to make
>>> the step up from club hockey
>>
>>Wow.  Great idea.  Except for one problem.  There is no Big Ten in college
>>hockey. And not all Big Ten schools have hockey programs.  Only 5 (I think)
>>Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State.(Correct me if
>>I am wrong)  Minn. and Wis. play in the WCHA and the others are in the CCHA.
>
>I could be wrong, but didn't I see someone post something about a "Big Ten"
>Tournament to be scheduled around Thanksgiving where the Big Ten schools with
>Div. I hockey teams would compete?

>**     **                               Chris Boston

Chris is right, Minnesota coach Doug Woog has arranged for a "Big Ten"
tournament to be held next Thanksgiving (in Joe Louis Arena, I believe,
but I'm too lazy to look it up).  Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and
Michigan State will participate.  The plan is to rotate which team
sits out, so it's Ohio State's turn the first year.

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!