Sender:
From:
Steve Feinleib <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1993 11:51:24 EST
Karen from Miami U. writes:
> I would really like to catch some CCHA games on t.v. over Spring Break as
> well as maybe see Maine play.  However, I am not familiar with the cable
> channels listed in a message a few days ago.  They are HSE, MSG, NESN,
> PASS, SPTSO, SCNE, and ICBL.  Can anyone tell me what these are and if I
> could get them in the Cleveland area.  Also, does Sportschannel pick up
> any broadcasts from these networks?  Thanks in advance!
>                                 Karen
>                                         Miami University
>                                                 GO SKINS!!!

  Here in Washington, DC, we don't have any of those stations on the various
local cable networks.  But, many bars in the area have satellite dishes.  So,
what I have done is simply call up one of these bars, see if they would be
willing to put on one of those stations that night, and go there and watch
some college hockey.  They are generally very hospitable to customers requesting
specific programs, especially since many of them can choose which televisions
in their bar will show which station.  Often, they will ask the satellite code
or coordinates for the network, but if you claim to have no idea, they are
willing to look it up in their satellite directory.
  I know what some of the networks are, though not all:
MSG -- Madison Square Garden network
NESN -- New England Sports Network
PASS -- I think it is just that, PASS, and isn't an acronym

I don't know what the other ones are, but if you ask the satellite owner, he
or she will be able to find it by the acronym.
Good luck, and I'll certainly be watching along with you!

                                             _______
  Steve Feinleib                          | | Let's
  Cornell '91                             | |  Go
  SFA@NIHCU (bitnet)                      | | Red!  __
  [log in to unmask] (internet)                \ \_____/ /
                                            \_______/