Sender:
From:
Brendan Joseph Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1992 15:20:19 -0500
	I just thought I would chip in a little here on the game... personally
I found it to be one of the better games I have seen in my time here at RPI
with only the overtime wins of Clarkson and St. Lawrence and the victory
over Harvard in last years playoffs to top it...

	The first period, the Engineers came out slow... they got down 2-0
and never seemed to get anything going... their pp was not playing well at
all (they had a 5-3 and a five minute major in which they did not score)...
When they came out in the second period, they were like a completely
different team - like they were on a mission or something... Hamelin scored
his first goal of the season with about five minutes left in the second and
the Engineers were able to hold off BU with some good D and terrific
goaltending by Neil Little.

	The third period, like the second, was pretty well dominated by RPI...
They got their second goal from Hamelin with just over 10 minutes to play
in the game... Freshman D Patrick Rochan made a spectacular play to get
the puck to Xavier Majic who then fed Hamelin on the breakaway... Rochan
deked out the BU defenseman and then while he was being hit, somehow got the
puck to Majic.... when Hamelin got the puck, he had thought he heard a
whistle... he couldn
whistle... he couldn't understand how else he could have been so wide open...
He finished the play with a great fake and a backhander past the BU goalie...

	In the last 15 seconds of play, RPI put three terrific shots up...
I talked with Sophomore RW Wayne Clarke and he said that he got his stick on
all three of the shots, but one missed the net and the other two were
stopped by Herlofsky...  In the overtime, BU had three shots on goal while
RPI had none... however, RPI did put pressure on the BU goalie, but they
couldn't get a shot on goal off...

	Little and Herlofsky both played fantastic games, each stopping
34 of the 36 shots taken on them... This was just a beautiful game of
hockey to watch and I think we can expect a lot out of both of these teams
in the very near future...

	The RPI team leaves the Houston Field House at 5:30 to travel to
Merrimack for their 4:00 pm game tomorrow... If RPI get a win there, I think
you can expect to see them listed in the Times-Union top 10 poll on
Monday.

Brendan Sullivan
RPI '95