Sender:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:46:06 -0800
7bit
From:
Steven Baker <[log in to unmask]>
I had resisted replying but oh well ... Out here I can watch UNLV play
Arizona State, Arizona, BYU, etc. (all club teams of course)

Back on topic ... Rivalries are what make any sport special.  When you
factor in all the criteria that make a specific rivalry good (proximity,
relative competitive balance, national relevance, longevity, conference
affiliation) among others it will be hard to argue against BC-BU in D1.  I
don't have enough knowledge to be certain about D-III but Colby-Bowdoin
appears to be the frontrunner.  This from a Michigan alum who can vouch for
the UM-MSU rivalry.  That rivalry covers all sports although Michigan-tOSU
is Michigan's biggest football rival.  (Spartan backers may disagree with
that)