Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 22:33:46 EST
My comment about the WCHA (and CCHA) 28 game league schedules was meant to
counter some arguments I heard that dropping the ECAC to 20 games would give
more room for non-conference games.  What is the point of more games with
Atlantic Hockey teams (especially since HE will probably go to 27 or 28 league games
as well)?  What the ECAC needs is more games with the two western leagues,
which can't happen as long as they play the 28 game schedules.  But this is a
long standing issue that always comes up this time of year when some team's fate
is decided based on one COP game between someone like MN and Princeton in a
holiday tournament in Minneapolis.
    This was more of an aside than a comment about the ECAC 11 team problem.
Obviously the ECAC must solve its odd # issue.  My main concern is the truly
horrific idea of 2 game series each weekend with no reciprocal visits for
anyone.  Anything would be better than that.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'94
Let's Go RED!!!