Sender:
From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 07:51:42 -0700
Hello All,

Happy Easter weekend to all. My wife is off to visit our youngest
daughter, so I have too much time on my hands, and I read the obituaries
in our local rag and came across a college hockey related person,
believe it or not. I was wondering if any Ohio State folks out there
might recall him. Here are some details.

Bruce L. Bennett (born in 1917), PhD from U of Michigan, and Prof of
Physical Educ at OSU from 1948 to 1982, a pioneer in history and
comparative studies in PE. Here is the quote that got me interested. "He
served as chairman of the Graduate Committee at OSU and played an active
role in developing both ice hockey and soccer from club sports to
varsity status."

It goes on to say he retired and moved to San Luis Obispo in 1986, where
he taught a bit part-time at Cal Poly, etc. etc. His picture looks
familiar to me as someone I have seen on campus, but I didnt know him.

Any OSU folks know this person and just how important he was to
upgrading the OSU hockey program back when?

Tony Buffa
RPI '64     Can Oates add a Stanley cup to his NCAA ring??