Sender:
From:
Keith Kannenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:43:33 -0500
Patrick Abegg wrote:
> The second problem comes from automatically dumping #1 team CC in
> Minneapolis, because they're closer. With Minnesota hosting, [...]

This is something I just don't understand.  Why would the committee
put CC in Minneapolis rather than Ann Arbor simply because MapQuest
says it's closer to Colorado Springs?  Both western sites are far
enough away that driving isn't a very good option.  Once the teams
and probably fans have to fly anyway the distance factor shouldn't
matter much.  So instead, send CC to Ann Arbor and UNH to Minneapolis.
That avoids the likely CC-Minn matchup in one regional final and
adds balance to the Western regional (three WCHA teams in Jason Moy's
analysis is terrible). All without punishing CC in any substantial
sense.