Sender:
From:
Bob Stagat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:13:33 -0800
Edward Moller wrote...

>  This weekend I read the USCHO message board more thoroughly than I
>  have done in the past...  When Rick McAdoo refers to the posts on the
>  board as flaming and anger from idiots, he is barely scratching the
>  surface.
>
>  Now I love USCHO...  But...
>
>  ...the level of discourse I read this weekend on the USCHO board defied
>  all sensibilities.

At the risk of starting a USCHO-like flame war right here on Hockey-L
(Nah, that'd never happen -- Wayne won't let it) let me comment that
I agree with Rick and Ed about the general tenor of the USCHO message
boards, BUT...

Being an RPI alumnus I read mostly the ECAC-related threads. I have
found that those threads are generally far and away more civil than
most of the other threads I occasionally browse. I'll leave it to
others to speculate as to why this might be, but I'll note that I'm
not alone in this observation. Another RPI alumnus, who goes by the
nom de plume of 'frjoe' (an RPI grad turned priest!?!) has been moved
to include as his signature: "Friends don't let friends Hockey East
their threads!"

Perhaps if HE folks like Rick and Ed were to spend more time
browseing some of the ECAC threads, they might get some enjoyment
from the USCHO message boards. For current amusing reading I might
suggest the "Cornell-RPI: The Red Greeks" thread,
(http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23437)
which analyzes the upcoming RPI@Cornell series in terms of Odysseus'
journey from Troy to Ithaca in Homer's "The Odyssey."

-Bob Stagat-
RPI  '64 & '68