Sender:
From:
Stephen Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 08:07:07 -0800
Indy Rutks wrote:

>I think the Anchor Bar claims to be the birthplace of wings... do you mean to say >there are better?-Indy

Anchor Bar in Buffalo originated wings -- a must-see place for visitors (and great jazz on the weekends) and truly wonderful wings.  But Duff's out in Amherst produces equally great wings, some say better.  Obligatory hockey content:  Years ago, then-Notre Dame coach Ric Schafer downed almost two dozen Duff's wings at our house following an ND-Canisius game.  Seasoning runs from "light" to "suicide," and anything above "medium" is at your own risk....    And, La Nova pizzeria produces outstanding wings, including varieties with different sauces (their barbeque wings are addictive).  This said, you can find wings everywhere in the area.  Pizza & wings are to Buffalonians what rice is to Japan....

-- Steve Roth