Sender:
From:
Stephen Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:34:15 -0800
Most of the major hotels downtown (closest to the arena) are probably booked by now.  However, sometimes a direct call gets a room.  Try the Hyatt Regency (step outside, take a free trolley to the arena), or the Adams Mark, or the Radisson Suites.  All are downtown.  There's also a Holiday Inn downtown, but it's a ways from the arena and not on the trolley route.

Otherwise, there are tons of hotels at the airport, with prices running about $80 and up.  There's the Four Points Sheraton, about 4 miles from the arena (and next to the Galleria mall) -- about $175.  Then there's Amherst -- the ring suburb just north of Buffalo.  The Amherst Marriott is about $200; there's a Holiday Inn for maybe half that.  And for those who don't like chains, there's the Lord Amherst, at about $60.  All of these mean you'll need a car or prepare to fork out lots of taxi fare, though it's possible that some may offer shuttles to the arena (haven't heard anything about that yet).

Since I live in this town (Amherst, not Buffalo), I hereby announce my willingness to answer questions for good hockey-l'ers. -- Including where to get the best wings.   And I'm willing to assist whoever will be planning the annual dinner.

-- Steve Roth