Sender:
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 10:27:05 -0700
Canada defeated Finland 5-3 yesterday to complete the round robin portion
of the World Junior Tournament in Halifax.  The win means that Canada (and
Russia from the other group) win their group and get a bye into the
semifinals.  Of note to US college hockey fans-David LeNeveu started for
Canada because Fleury had the flu.  Canada got off to a 4-1 lead but gave
up two quick goals, the last one was a soft one and LeNeveu was pulled
having let in 3 goals out of 11 shots.

By the way, I just found out via my lovely spouse who did the net research
that YES network is carrying the US games and there is a radio feed
available via the net.  Canada's games are televised in Canada on TSN.
The US is in the quarters which will be played tomorrow.

Arthur Berman
North Vancouver, BC
GO CANADA!!! GO BU!!! GO GIANTS!!!