Sender:
From:
"Dr. Tim Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:36:29 -0500
> From:    John Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: CHA and tournament eligibility
>
> So, it occurred to me that playing in a six-team conference, only half
> of which is Division I, the D1 members of the CHA might have trouble
> playing 20 games against D1 teams this year.  Army and Niagara manage
> it, but according to the schedule on USCHO
> http://uscollegehockey.com/cgi/teamsched.cgi?season=19992000&team=afa&gender=m
> Air Force only has the following 19 Division I games scheduled:
>
> 5 conference games (3 Niagara, 2 Army)
> 4 in-season tournament games (BU and Niagara pre-season, Yale and
>         Lowell or UConn holiday)
> 8 NC games vs MAAC teams (2 each vs Holy Cross, Fairfield, Iona, and
>         Sacred Heart)
> 2 NC games vs WCHA teams (DU, CC)

Doesn't Air Force also play against UAH?  I thought that the UAH games
counted for Air Force.  (My understanding was that UAH was officially
D-I this year, although UAH is ineligible for NCAA play since this
is the second year of the team's transition from D-II.)

UAH is also playing Michigan State and Bowling Green, and I thought those
two schools would not consider playing UAH until games against the
Chargers could somehow factor into the NCAA tournament selection criteria.

Tim Newman