Sender:
From:
Nathan Eric Hampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 13:51:31 -0600
The day after returning from Anahiem I took down the backyard ice rink.
The day after returning from Anahiem, the paper had a report on St. Cloud's
hockey recruits.
The day after the Black Bears won the 1999 NCAA title, I was still excited
about the game.
The day after that, I began to feel depressed, thinking that the college
hockey season was OVER. NOW WHAT?
Hockey-L messages decrease to 10% of their season average.
*At least there are NHL playoffs to look forward to (much better than NHL
regular season though still not as exciting as college hockey)
*At least my son has two tournaments in the next month, and the St. Cloud
spring hockey season starts. (still, not as exciting as college hockey)
In the business of valuing recreational experience, there are three things
that contribute to the total valuation -- anticipation, the event itself, and
the reflection. The reflection phase is not as much fun as the other two.
...Oh, my hour is up? Thanks for listening doctor, see you next week.

Nathan Eric Hampton