Sender:
From:
John Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1992 14:16:18 PST
>maybe this is a reeeeeeeally stupid question, but since the Blades are leading
>the IHL, and the Sharks are currently in the basement of the NHL, shouldn't
>Shark management get the idea to. . . do a little creative reapportioning of
>talent?

Not a stupid question at all.  I have not heard it discussed by the media, but
 my
guess is that a lot of the younger players are being shuttled between KC and SJ
for the experience of NHL play and then sent down to get ice time and to not be
frustrated by the Sharks frequent displays of expansion-esque hockey.  The
 Sharks
are not really that bad, but they lack a potent "can't stop us" line like most
 of
the good teams have.  Instead, they have three lines of Dump-and-chase grinders.
If they can keep the other team in check for two periods they have a good chance
 of
winning, especially at home where they have won several games against their
 Smythe
rivals, and took Montreal into OT before losing.  We just have to forget the
shellacings by Minnesota, Pittsburgh and most recently Winnipeg.

-John