Sender:
From:
"Biggar, Scott S" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 06:01:14 -0800
To: Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>, Hockey3 <[log in to unmask]>
> From: Ben Flickinger [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

>BTW, no offense, but RIT's road uniform's are really ugly
> - brown and orange? I never liked that combination with the
> Browns, and they don't look any better on the ice.

Non taken from an RIT fan.  I agree, their road uni's are ugly and make them
look like tootsie-rolls:-)  By the way, in case anyone cares, they are
officially Burnt Umber in color, not brown:-)

> That leads me to a point which I'm not sure how some of you
> will take. I thought someone on UNO should have taken one for the team and

> gotten into a fight with #24 (don't know name) from RIT. This guy was doin

> some cheap stuff (hits after the whistle, behind the play stuff, etc. not
any one
> flagrant thing, but a whole lot of little things) on OUR ice
> and not getting called for any of it.

As someone else pointed out, Jonathan Day is #24 for RIT, Matt Garver (RPI
transfer) is #23.

Day is one of those players who is a paradox.  If he plays on your team, you
love him because he is always getting under the opponents skin, plays hard,
and seems to be in the thick of it most of the time.  However, if your team
is playing against him, you quickly come to just *hate* him.  In is an
interesting thing to watch from the stands:-)

By the way, thanks for your comments about both games.  As an RIT fan who
couldn't make the trip, it was great to have someone from UNO post their
impressions of the games.

Scott