Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:57:48 -0600
From:
Chris Farley <[log in to unmask]>
To: Neal Joffee <[log in to unmask]>
On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Neal Joffee wrote:

> #3)  Contrary to Jason Roy's posting, not everyone has a team
> that they "hate".  Hatred has no place in college hockey or in these
> discussion groups.  I may not like one team as much as another, but I don't
> "hate" any team.  I love the game more than I love any team.  College
> hockey is awesome!  Perhaps Mr. Roy should spend more time and energy
> supporting the team(s) he likes and less time hating the Gophers and being
> happy when they lose.

        No offense Neal but I have quite a few friends that are Candian
and they personally hate Doug Woog and his recruiting practices...I asked
them why on a few occasions and they said they find WOOG and other people
around the U of Minnesota Hockey program offensive. I don't know about
you but if I was a Coach and a player from Canada like a Brendan Morrison
or a Jason Botterhill wanted to play for my team I don't think I am going to
say no just because he is from Canada. Also, Stupid Comments by Dark Starr just
reinforces that hatred too. That is why we see that arena fill up and the
Trash on the ice and the Trash talk. We need to show you that we are not
going to be intimidated by the Maroon and Gold. The hatred for some is
really deep. I beg you to ask North Dakotans or Canadans what they think
about your program. A lot of them will say the same thing as Mr. Roy did.
To some the M on your jersies represents a Xenphobia against Canadians.
Even in the State of Minnesota, the UofM has an
attitude that is kind of snooty. An attitude what good for the UofM is
good for the rest of the state.

I have found 2 things at UND if you are a true Sioux fan you hate the
Bison from NDSU and the Gophers From the UofMinnesota....

> #4)  Congratulations to the Sioux on their sweep of Minnesota.  It was
> well-deserved.  It showed me that the Sioux indeed have a talented team.
> Minnesota needs to decide now if it wants to be a contender this year or
> not.  Aside from the play of Steve DeBus and a few others, the team's play
> this past weekend really disappointed me.
>
> I'm looking forward to an exciting finish in the WCHA!  Drop the puck!!!!!!
> --Neal Joffee

Eric J. Burton
GTA UND Sociology for Intro 101
UND Office (701)-777-4415
NRHH Chapter President 1996-1997
Go Fighting Sioux All Alone in First, WCHA 16-7-1, overall 19-7-2
Can You Say Sweep the Gophers.
Fighting Sioux Forever