Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 10:24:44 -0500
At 04:18 AM 3/16/96 -0400, Sean Pickett wrote:

>The ice did affect BU, as several Terriers had trouble and
>occasionally slipped during the game.  However, I did not notice any
>PC, UML or Maine players having trouble.

Perhaps this was just a matter of perspective but the ice condititions were
very apparent to me in the Lowell/Maine game, but I wouldn't go so far as to
say it impacted one team or the other.  Both teams have some speed up front,
so it pretty much just slowed the game down.

I would imagine that bad ice does not help the Terriers, and would slow them
down.  However you wouldn't know that by looking at a great Hockey East
Player of the Year Encore by Jay Pandolfo, or the great third period flury
by the Terriers.  I'm not saying it didn't have an effect, because it
affected all the teams.  It's just a question of making the adjustment, and
not making this adjustment could be another reason Terrier fans can't point
to for the disappointing performance last night.

As Arthur said it was more of a case of Providence being more prepared for
this game and coming out and putting BU behind the eight-ball than bad ice IMHO.

Thanks for those records Sean, I appreciated it!
---
Deron Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
University of Maine - GO BLUE!  BRING IT HOME! BEAT PC!
Owner/Administrator: Maine Hockey Discussion List
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
---