Sender:
From:
Daniel Falk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 14:59:48 EST
Can someone who's been interested in the world of college hockey
for longer than I explain how the older  playoff system worked
before going to regional format?

SIXTEEN teams would be better representative of our league
and would allow more good teams a chance to excel at the
end of a season.  There is no reason to cut off a reasonably
good team in 13th, 14th, 15th, or 16th place off.  Typically
these teams have winning records and have a chance to do well
or even upset.

Also, has a lower seeded team ever taken it all, or are the
favorites always the NCAA champs?

Dan