Sender:
From:
Thomas Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 09:42:28 -0500
The Sports Goon wrote:

"        Sad part is probably that Denver is out unless there are some
major shake up in college hockey,ie CCHA...they could get 5 teams now."

I'm not so sure it sad that Denver is out (sorry Denver folks - no disrespect
intended).  Denver took a nose dive in the 2nd half and then failed, at home,
against a good team, but one they should have defeated if they really belonged
in the playoffs.

The CCHA deserves at least 4 teams - not absolutely convinced of 5, though.

I figure the WCHA will get 3 teams, but maybe only two.  I believe CC and
Minn. are in regardless, and the 3rd team, if it comes, will be whoever wins
the tourney.  OTOH, Wis is so hot, if they beat Minn and put up a respectable
showing in a losing cause against CC, maybe they deserve a bid.  Of course,
with the formulas they use, that's highly improbable.

Anyway, back to the point, Denver had a very good year and should feel proud
of what they accomplished, but I don't see them in the hunt for a national
title.  FWIW, I feel the same way about ND.  I voted for them in the top 15
consistently and, had they taken Wisconsin, believe they could have been a
force in the tourney.

Tom Rowe                                 Internet:  [log in to unmask]

Department of Psychology                 ***********************************
U. of Wisconsin - Stevens Point          Home of Division III National
     Go Point!                           Champions '89, '90, '91, & '93