Sender:
From:
James Clippinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 1995 23:24:07 -0500
Okay, now that we have a discussion of NCAA compliance going,
it is time to ask my pet rules question that I have been kickin
around in my mind for a few months:

A local pizza place runs a promotion where, after each Colgate home
hockey game, the price of a large pizza is reduced by $.25 for
each Colgate goal scored.  Is it against NCAA rules for a hockey
player to take advantage of this offer?

On one hand, the offer is available to the entire student body,
especially since you only need to know the final score (no ticket
stub required).  However, it could be thought of as a bribe of sorts
for hockey players, since they have a definite impact on the
amount of the discount.

Any thoughts?

James Clippinger