Sender:
From:
Jim Ogonowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 1995 12:31:30 EDT
In regards to the Gophers being mostly from Minnesota.

I think the year was 1990, when Boston College played Minnesota in the NC$$
tourney at Boston College. The entire Gopher team was from Minnesota and the
entire Boston College team was from Massachusetts.( as a side note BC is not
a state school)
Both teams and both states should be proud.

I am not against recruiting out of state or out of country for that matter,
however, If Woog and Ceglarski could put together such great teams from
within the boundaries of their own states I think we should complement them.

Because BC couldn't "win it all" they have changed their recruiting habits,
which has led to an increase in "out of staters" on the team.  BC has not
seen much success lately.

 By the way can anyone tell me if all of the Gopher cheerleaders are from
Minnesota. (:-) they are the best.

Jim Ogonowski
go Umass-Lowell Riverhawks...Home of River Hawkey