Sender:
From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 1995 15:47:00 EDT
I don't recall seeing either of these things mentioned.
Apologies if they were.

(1) The Maine fans were as gracious as possible in
victory.  Nothing could heel the wounds opened
following another OT loss in the NCAA, but every
Maine fan that I spoke to following the game was
genuinely pleasant.  A classy bunch.

(2) Michigan played the majority of the game with
only 16 skaters.  Center Ron Sacka injured his groin
in the second period and did not return.  Defenseman
Al Sinclair was benched...also in the second period
I believe...and did not return.  Michigan juggled forward
lines and defensive pairs for the final 65-75 minutes
of the game.  The buzz around the Michigan crowd
was WHY wasn't Coach Berenson using the fresh
legs, particularly Sacka, in OT.  It was only later that
we learned he was unable to continue.

John H
U Mich