Sender:
From:
Phil Ritzenthaler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1991 14:15:18 -0400
On Aug 14, 10:07am, Patrick E Fleming wrote:
} Subject: Re: Notre Dame invited to join the CCHA
}
} A guy I knew who wrote the the Observer (the Notre Dame student paper)
} attended the playoff series at BGSU in 1983.  He said that the Falcon
} fans were all over Notre Dame razzing them for everything they
} possibly could.  But then at the end of the game, the fans shouted in
} unison, "Goodbye Notre Dame.  We'll miss you."  He said it was a
} thoughtful tribute and kind of touching.
}
}-- End of excerpt from Patrick E Fleming

Razzing is part of the game . . . at least at BGSU . . . a games a game,
but you still have to respect the players.  Well . . . mabye except for
MSU . . .

BG and ND had many good, well fought games in their series and probably
the one thing the fans felt they would miss was a good game.  Sure you
want to win, but I've always enjoyed a damn good, close, well fought
game also.

Funny, I was there, but the only thing I remember from the 82-83 season
was how BG was screwed by the NCAA selection comittee (ranked #1 for
some of the season, ended in the top 5 of the polls, lost the CCHA
tournament finals to Michigan State, but Minn-Duluth that has a much
worse record was selected over them) . . .

well, we had our revenge the next year at Lake Placid over Minn-D.

--
Phil Ritzenthaler  The Advanced Computing Center for the Arts & Design (ACCAD)
Systems Manager    The Ohio State University