Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 1995 03:34:43 -0500
Deron Treadwell writes:
>Funny thing is, while Mike thought the game was cancelled, the anouncers on
>the Lowell game thought Merrimack and Providence were still on.  I guess
>Shawn Walsh made the Lowell AD call around because at the time he was
>leaning toward cancelling, but he found most games on.  Well, I guess some
>other people changed their minds! <smile>

That's unusual, because I got the word at 2:30 pm from Merrimack SID
Jim Seavey that the game had been postponed - "ten minutes ago."

I also wondered if Maine had been staying in the area - perhaps bussed
up from Providence Friday night to a hotel in the Lowell area.  If
not, it could have been more of a problem getting to Lowell during the
day (Saturday).

For people outside the area, north of Boston (i.e. Lowell, Merrimack,
etc.) got hit with more snow than Boston and points south (Providence).
It would certainly have been dangerous for Merrimack to bus down to
Providence, and this was pretty evident by about mid-day.  It's also
why I expected Maine-Lowell to be off and why I did not even think of
heading to Lowell to see the game, even though Lowell is only about a
15 minute drive from my home in southern New Hampshire.

What was the attendance like at Lowell?