Sender:
From:
Michael Patrick Bresina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 10:01:49 -0600
>   by Steve Allen-Shinn <[log in to unmask]>
>>  by Robert Whitaker

>>The "you're not a black hole...you just suck!" cheer I believe originated
>>at Harvard's Bright Arena.
>[...]
>>This cheer has been around for awhile...I remember hearing it during the
>>1982-83 ECAC Quarterfinals, when RPI played at Harvard...

>By '83, the cheer had been all around the Ivies for a while.  I know I
>first heard it around '81, but I can't recall where.  I think it was at
>Cornell, UVM or possibly UNH.  I do know that we (Brown Band) picked it
>up from one of the further away schools.  First time I heard it at
>Harvard was over a year later, so I doubt that it originated there.

The Sports Illustrated article on the 1973 Championship (won by Wisconsin)
refers to it several times.

Cheers,

Mike

|  Michael Patrick Bresina   |     America's always had a problem     |
|  [log in to unmask]  |  with illegal aliens.  Ask any Indian. |