From:
"Sally J. Bannen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally J. Bannen
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2016 20:10:37 +0000
Our library has a TV in our Teen area-which is within sight of the circulation desk-that has a Wii hooked up to it. We have had success with kids asking for Wii remotes and discs at the desk whenever they want to play, with very little staff-monitoring needed.

We would like to do something similar with movies and have purchased a DVD player which we intend to hook up just as we have the Wii. We already have a movie license. However, we are trying to figure how to assure (as best we can without keeping an eye on that area all the time) that the kids are using license-approved movies. Since the DVD player can run with without the remote, there isn't actually anything to stop them from popping in any movie they wish. As we all know, putting a sign up to say what needs to be done doesn't always work.

If anyone has successfully done something along this line, we would be glad to hear your advice.

Thanks,
Sally

Sally Bannen
Technical Services Librarian