From:
Mexico Maine Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mexico Maine Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:51:53 -0400
Hi.....

The incident you're referring to is the Don Disaster, which took the lives
of many Mexico and Rumford citizens, who were on a day trip excursion.  If I
remember from what I've read, it was an outing sponsored by a local bank for
their employees and guests.

   A DVD was published in 2011, recounting details of the tragic incident.
It's called GONE: THE MYSTERY OF THE DON DISASTER.   Also, there was a
booklet published many years ago.  Our Library, Mexico Public Library,  has
a copy that doesn't get signed out.  Probably the Rumford Library has one,
maybe even Ludden Library in Dixfield.   I don't think there was ever a
bound book published about this, probably just the booklet I am referring to
here.

Hope this info helps.

Valerie Messana
Library Director