From:
Susan Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2022 16:33:31 -0400
We got calls from this same man at Rumford library.  He was asking for
all kinds of off the wall information and requests to be sent to his
worker since she was letting him use her e-mail to receive the
information. He claimed he did not have computer access. He called 3-4
times and I finally told him we did not have the staff to look up all
this information for him as it would have been very labor intensive
and we don't have a reference librarian. (All true.)  I suggested he
call an academic library and we haven't heard from him since.

Susan

Quoting "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>:

> Hello,
> I just got a call from a man who says he is at Riverview Psychiatric
> Hospital in Augusta, Maine. The library director has got calls from
> him before and this is my second one. Each time, he is insistent
> that we send him printed information as he claims that he is not
> allowed to have anything to read. Yet, he comes up with some rather
> obscure requests for information that could really only be found on
> a computer. I asked him today that since he is in Augusta that
> perhaps he should go through a library in Augusta and he said that
> he tried one and it would only give him law information and phone
> numbers. He then got quite testy and said that the people in Maine
> are sticks in the mud and won't give him information.
>
> Just checking to see if anyone else has got these calls?
> Thank you,
> Alana DePerte
> Reference Services
> Norway Memorial Library