From:
Soldiers Library <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Soldiers Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2022 11:53:15 -0500
I apologize if this is inappropriate to post here.  But if not, I hope you
will consider this excellent, FREE opportunity to gain new skills for
working with young children. Limited enrollment !

  Thank you!

Mid-Winter Greetings,

Please share this program with a teacher, librarian or daycare provider
that you may know.

This spring on May 14th at 10am, the Soldiers Memorial Library will be
hosting a pilot professional development program called Sing Me A Story,
facilitated by Maine-based singer/songwriter, Emilia Dahlin.

Sing Me A Story delves into the connection between singing and the
acquisition of early literacy skills, language, and social/emotional health
in children. Designed for children’s librarians and those who work with
young children (3-5 years), we’ll gain comfort and practice skills in
leading songs, explore methods for working with diverse groups, and delve
into resources to help you employ music in your programming with confidence.

This is a pilot program and being offered for free for all participants,
thanks to a grant from the Maine Arts Commission, an independent state
agency supported by the National Endowment for the Arts.

In return, we ask that all participants:

   -

   Participate in and return pre and post workshop surveys.
   registration/pre-survey <https://forms.gle/Qwearra5GZg7CFmc9>

   -

   Participate in the entirety of the two-hour program
   -

   Allow some photography and video of the event (which will help expand
   the reach of the program, making it available to more communities in Maine).
   -

    Please sign the photo release form
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/17fOJwi7_1m8XTLy3RE4EhGvF_PK8_l7T/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=104172642397027077127&rtpof=true&sd=true>
and
   return to [log in to unmask]

Please see the attached sheet
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wMI0zRuz2kPCGnx-hOuJ4VNnmnzKxgSx/view?usp=sharing>
for
more information. You can also learn more at www.emiliadahlin.com
<http://emiliadahlin.com/teaching-artist-1>. Any questions about the
workshop can be directed to Emilia at [log in to unmask]

We will be closely monitoring COVID trends in the community and following
all CDC and library recommendations to keep participants safe during this
workshop. Ideally, we will be meeting in a space that has open windows or
even meeting outdoors. We will keep you posted with updates to protocols as
we get closer to the date.

Participation is limited.  We currently have two seats per participating
organization/business/school available. Please let us know if you plan to
attend as soon as possible to confirm your spot.