From:
Mary Beckett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2022 16:45:37 -0500
Hi Kelly,

I do a pop-up storytime at our local Farmer’s Market. I set-up in a
grassy area with good visibility to all the vendors.  Kids will often
sit with me while the parents will do their shopping so I want them to
be able to see their parents.  I have a beach/sun style tent, a low
lawn chair, and colorful quilts for sitting on.  I also painted over a
lawn style political sign that I can insert into the ground.  I have a
bag of books for reading and a box of books for giving away.  I also
have a paved area nearby so I bring sidewalk chalk.

Make sure to find out who is in charge of the market and get the okay
from them.  They don’t charge us because we’re a non-profit and also
because we’re making it easier for parents to shop.  It’s my favorite
thing ever!  So fun!

-Mary

Quoting Kelly Greenlee <[log in to unmask]>:

> Good afternoon, all.
>
> I am looking to establish a library presence at our local farmer's market.
> For those of you who have traveled this road, what good advice can you give
> me. I am curious about cost, what your setup looks like, whether you use it
> as a mobile library (to circulate materials) or just an informational
> booth, dos and don'ts, and anything in between. Are you there weekly,
> monthly, etc.? All information is good information.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --Kelly
>
> Kelly Greenlee
> Community Outreach Librarian