Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2016 21:31:48 +0000
From:
Marcela Peres <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Hi all-

I want to thank everyone who responded to my Graphic Novel survey earlier this year. The response was overwhelming! I've compiled a short summary of the results and some of the below information into a PDF available here: https://goo.gl/fTNqPM

At the Maine Library Association Conference last week, we discussed the need, expressed by many respondents to the survey, to begin building a community in Maine of librarians who work with graphic novels, comics, or manga. To begin that work, I created three resources I'd like to share with you:

1) Resource List: https://goo.gl/NhGavh

This is an open Google Doc that will allow anyone to add or make changes. I've included the full list of collection development resources that people mentioned in the survey, but there's a LOT more that can be done (adding hyperlinks, annotated info, further recommendations, etc.). Please feel free to contribute, add extra sections, anything you'd like! I will be adding more info soon as well. My hope is that this document will grow and evolve as we need it to and can serve as a resource for years to come.

2) Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaineGNLibrarians/

3) Maine Graphic Novel Librarians Google Group/Email List
	a. To join, visit https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mainegnlibrarians
	b. You will need a Google Account to join, but you can create one for whichever email address you'd like to have the group emails sent to (does not have to be an @gmail.com).
	c. To write to the email list, send an email to [log in to unmask]

Please feel free to forward to anyone at your library who is working with graphic novels (purchasing, programming, cataloging, etc.). I look forward to meeting and working with many of you on this!

Marcela Peres  | Adult Services Librarian
Lewiston Public Library | 200 Lisbon St| Lewiston, ME 04240
(207) 513-3135 x3507| [log in to unmask]

Currently reading: Jerusalem by Alan Moore