Sender:
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2021 14:11:34 -0400
From:
Jeff Cabral <[log in to unmask]>
To: Mamie Anthoine Ney <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Mamie et al,

Absolutely agree, if you're in a position where you have the
flexibility (ie you're in a situation where you CAN make your own
policy decisions, with or without Board input), why not continue to
require masks?

Frankly, I know I'm lucky to be in such a position with a very
hands-off Board who trusts my judgement, but if I wasn't in such a
position, I would be making the case (to my Board or to my town if I
was in a municipal dept setting) to require masks regardless, because
it's more straightforward and just not that big an ask.

Things are so fluid at the moment, and we all have better things to do
than drive ourselves bananas monitoring case counts and collecting
data to support our decisions.

Honestly, sometimes I think we need to give our communities the
benefit of the doubt more often.

As I just said to Chip in another email,  people in Biddeford can't be
THAT different than people in other communities and if anything we
have a rougher contingent here than many towns. We honestly get pretty
much zero complaints, and if something comes up, we shut it down by
reminding them about the fact that we're doing it for children and
those who can't be vaccinated, and the alternative is for us to not be
open. That ends the conversation.

I have a tab that opens on my Chrome browser every morning that has
the risk level for York County, and I look at for exactly 3 seconds
every day and then shut it down. Then I move on to fry different (if
not bigger) fish.

Jeff

Jeff Cabral
Library Director