From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 02:41:47 +0000
Clarkson defeated St. Lawrence, 3-1.  After a scoreless first period Clarkson scored once in the second and again very early in the third.  SLU came back with a goal but couldn't tie it up.  With under 1 minute to play, SLU who pulled the goaltender was called for delay of game at a face-off when they tried to change players (7th player came on to ice).  This penalty seemed to match an earlier penalty against Clarkson who was called for delay of game because they didn't have a fifth player out on the faceoff circle (too few player on the ice).  The penalty on SLU in the last minute lead to Clarkson's final goal into the empty net.

Saves:
CU - Traylen - 36
SLU - McKenna - 32
(But they kept change those numbers on me)

Power plays:
SLU - 1 for 7
CU - 1 for 6

Sorry I didn't get all the the goal scores.  I am not at home so I am at a disadvantage.  Zeiler got the goal for SLU and Faulkner got Cu's 2nd.

Next weekend the North Country teams travel to Harvard and Brown.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!