From:
Dave Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:11:30 -0400
Thursday, June 26, 2003                  Contact: Dave Fischer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WZRK TO AIR NCAA HOCKEY PRESS CONFERENCE FRIDAY
Frozen Four, Regional Sites For Future Years To Be Announced

        Houghton, Mich. --  The NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey
Committee will hold a telephonic press conference Friday (June 27) at
2 p.m. to announce site selections for the 2007 and 2008 Frozen Four
as well as the hosts for all Division I Men's Ice Hockey Regional
sites through 2007.
        The press conference will be broadcast live in the
Houghton/Hancock area by WZRK radio, 93.5 FM and will also be
available live on the Michigan Tech athletic web site by following
the Huskies Radio link at michigantechhuskies.com.
        Michigan Tech partnered with the Resch Center in Green Bay,
Wis., to submit a bid to host the NCAA Regionals in either 2004,
2005, 2006, or 2007.
        "We're hopeful that we'll be selected to host," said Rick
Yeo, Athletics Director at MTU. "We had great success with the game
we hosted at the Resch Center this past season and there's no
question it would be a great building for an NCAA Regional. We're
anxious for the announcement and are keeping our fingers crossed."